Learn to make a mobile game with LiveCode in 7 short sessions.
The LiveCode Side Scrolling Game Academy teaches you how to make an animated side scrolling game that takes advantage of OpenGL on mobile devices.
The academy consists of seven hour long video sessions, accompanied by code examples and reading materials. You will be making the side scrolling game ï¿½Galactic Gauntletï¿½, which is available on the iOS App store
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/galactic-gauntlet/id470771906 and Google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runrev.galacticgauntlettest&hl=en. The sessions cover everything you need to know to make mobile games like this.
You will learn about:
- Game design considerations
- Coding basic gameplay
- Animating Game pieces (e.g. manipulating sprites)
- Working with layers and backgrounds
- Optimizing your game performance
- Managing different devices and resolutions on iOS and Android
- Deploying to your iOS or Android device
- Marketing your game
- Going social: integrating Facebook and other social networks into your game
- Game business models: Freemium (free with in-app purchases) and paid
- Submitting to the app store and Android marketplace
Join a dedicated forum for peer support and assistance from our technical team. Once purchased these videos remain in your LiveCode account indefinitely, for you to visit and revisit whenever you need them.
ï¿½that course was AWESOME. And it definitely makes me want to take another LiveCode course in the future.ï¿½
ï¿½Your course provided an excellent introduction to the capabilities of LiveCode. I started with little knowledge of game design and no knowledge of Live Code. Your team of instructors did a great job of teaching me the rudiments of both and showing me how to be productive developing games with LiveCode.ï¿½
View online from your account at any time, or download materials and videos to your desktop to work on.